Great Beach Books
With many people getting ready for a beach vacation we thought we would pass along a poll conducted by National Public Radio showing their listener's Top 100 Picks for the Beach. The 100 Best Beach Books Ever Poll was taken in July with over 16,000 people. Below we have listed the top 10. Each with a link to the catalog.
- The Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
- The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini
- Bridget Jones's Diary, by Helen Fielding
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, by Rebecca Wells
- The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, by Fannie Flagg
- The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver
Be sure to look at NPRs full list of 100 Top Beach Books.
In a related post by NPR, check out: Books Set On Beaches Capture Seaside Scene. The All things Considered radio segment is listed below.