It's Not About the Broccoli
It’s Not About the Broccoli addresses something every parent has to deal with multiple times a day when your child asks for food. Parents are often inundated with how to books and instructional videos on parenting issues, and food tends to be a top contender among them. It’s Not About the Broccoli gives parents simple structural guides to help children develop healthy eating habits. This book is not about sneaking healthy foods into your kid’s diet or tricking them into liking veggies. Dina Rose is all about communicating with your kids, teaching them how to taste food (and not to immediately reject it!) and strives to take the stress out of mealtime.
What I find so comforting about this guide is the information seems so achievable and answers every worry you have about your child’s nutrition. And the author assures the reader that it does not matter at what age you start this, teenage or toddler it’s all about taking small steps and being consistent. Dina Rose wants to help your child eat better, and help you put variety, proportion and moderation into practice. Food is such an important aspect of our lives, let this guide equip your family to have healthy, long lasting habits.
If this book inspires you try some interesting new meals then check out these titles!
- Weelicious lunches: Think Outside the Lunch Box with More Than 160 Happier Meals 641.532 MCC
- 100 days of Real Food: Fast & Fabulous: The Easy and Delicious Way to Cut Out Processed Food 641.563 LEA
- The Family Cooks: The 100+ Recipes to Get Your Family Craving Food that’s Simple, Tasty, and Incredibly Good for You 641.563 DAV
- Best lunch box ever: Ideas and Recipes for School Lunches Kids Will Love 641.532 MOR
- The Busy Mom’s Cookbook: 100 recipes for quick, delicious home-cooked meals 641.555 LOF