Book it! Hoover Library 5K
This Friends of Hoover Library fundraiser is the official kickoff for Summer Reading and follows a professionally developed cross-country trail with lake and forested views. The horn will sound at 8 am and awards will be presented at 9 am.
The "sleep in" option is back for those who'd like a t-shirt to show their support, but aren't interested in hitting the trail.
New this year is the Story Stroll. While walking an easy loop, you'll follow a story and complete a form to register for a prize drawing. This event is fun for even the youngest readers and begins at 9 am. Story Stroll registrants do not receive a t-shirt.
Stick around for the Children's Summer Reading Kick Off which runs from 10 am - Noon and features a petting zoo, balloon artist, airbrush tattoo artist, a variety of bouncy inflatables, games, crafts and more!
Thanks to the Friends of Hoover Library and our sponsors!
Registration is required for Book It! 5K and the Story Stroll.
Here are the quick details on the Friends fundraising event:
Date: Saturday, May 20, 2017
Time: 8 am -- Race; 9 am -- 5K awards ceremony and Story Walk opens; 10 am -- Summer Reading fun continues
Where: Veterans Park located at 4800 Valleydale Road, adjacent to Spain Park High School
- Early Bird (through April 22): age 14 and under $15; age 15 and up $25
- Late Registration (April 23 - May 19): age 14 and under $20; age 15 and up $30
- Day of Race (May 20): age 14 and under $25; age 15 and up $35
- Sleep-in option: all ages $20 (register by April 22 to guarantee your t-shirt) Choose this option if you want to contribute but will not run the race - perhaps you'd like a few more hours of sleep! You can still get a race t-shirt, just be sure to register by April 22.
- Story Stroll: all ages $3 (no t-shirt) Choose this option to participate in the walking event at 9 am
Please note, no refunds or bib transfers allowed.
Sponsor this year’s race and enjoy some incredible benefits! Sponsorships are tax deductible as allowed by law and are a great way to show your support to the Hoover Library and the thousands of people who visit it weekly. We reserve the right to refuse sponsorships or promotional items for any reason. Click here for sponsorship opportunites and benefits.
Race Day/Summer Reading Kickoff Itinerary
7 am - On site registration opens
8 am - Book It! 5K for the Hoover Library starts
9 am - Award Ceremony
9 am - Story Stroll
10 am - 12 pm - Hoover Public Library Youth Summer Reading Kickoff Party including snacks, games, inflatables and much more.
Pre-registered runners may pick up their packets on
Thursday, May 18th from 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday, May 19th from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
at the Hoover Library.