Relax and enjoy free wireless internet access anywhere in our library
New Mobile Printing!
Easily print from your smartphone, tablet or laptop!
Create Your Account
Step 1: Visit http://www.hooverlibrary.org/print
Step 2: Select First Time User to set up a new account.
Step 3: Enter your library card number, pin number, email address and telephone number and click SUBMIT.
Print Your Documents
Step 1: Log in to your account.
Step 2: Select a File to Upload – Browse to the file you want to print and select Open.
Step 3: Select Upload.
Step 4: Select Preview to review how your document will print out.
Step 5: At a Print Release Station or Kiosk, log in to your account to retrieve your print job.
Once you have created your account online, you can also upload your documents using the SmarAlec app!
Step 1: Search for SmartALEC in the App Store or the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Download the app to your smart device.
Step 3: Log in to your account and upload your documents with ease!
Hoover Hot Spot Troubleshooting Guide
If your computer cannot see the wireless network at all or if you have a signal, seem connected, but you cannot get a web page to load, please follow the checklist to find a possible cause:
- Move to another area in the library; it could be that the access point nearest you is down
- Are your wireless card settings correct?
- Is your wireless card enabled?
- Does the wireless network you are connected to begin with HPL?
- Is your card an 802.11b or 802.11g card?
- Are your wireless network settings correct?
- Do you have an IP address that begins with 192.168.1.x? From the command prompt, type in ipconfig/all
- If not, perform an IP address release and renew command. From the command prompt, type in ipconfig/release and hit Enter. Once released, type in ipconfig/renew and hit Enter.
- If applicable, check your firewall settings
- Are you only allowing trusted sites to connect to your laptop? If so, unselect “Only allow trusted sites.”
Instructions on connecting to the Hoover Hot Spot are available in the Technology Hub.
More Notes and Limitations:
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your laptop can be captured by anyone within 300 hundred feet with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- While on a web filter and behind a firewall, our wireless network is completely open.
- Library employees are not able to provide advanced technical assistance.
- The Library makes no guarantee that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment, configurations, security or data files resulting from connection to the Library's wireless network.
- If you make changes to your laptop’s configuration, make sure that you are able to change them back so that you can keep your computer as safe as possible.