Relax and enjoy free wireless internet access anywhere in our library.
Printing on the Hotspot Wireless Network
Wireless printing is available while on our wireless network using our print center located at print.hooverlibrary.org. Simply connect to our wireless network and then go to print.hooverlibrary.org. Follow the directions to set up an account. You will be able to upload and manage the printing documents from there. View more detailed instructions by downloading our wireless printing guide.
Hoover Hot Spot Troubleshooting Guide
If your computer cannot see the wireless network at all or if you have a signal, seem connected, but you cannot get a web page to load, please follow the checklist to find a possible cause:
- Move to another area in the library; it could be that the access point nearest you is down
- Are your wireless card settings correct?
- Is your wireless card enabled?
- Does the wireless network you are connected to begin with HPL?
- Is your card an 802.11b or 802.11g card?
- Are your wireless network settings correct?
- Do you have an IP address that begins with 192.168.1.x? From the command prompt, type in ipconfig/all
- If not, perform an IP address release and renew command. From the command prompt, type in ipconfig/release and hit Enter. Once released, type in ipconfig/renew and hit Enter.
- If applicable, check your firewall settings
- Are you only allowing trusted sites to connect to your laptop? If so, unselect “Only allow trusted sites.”
Instructions on connecting to the Hoover Hot Spot are available in the Technology Hub.
More Notes and Limitations:
- The Library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent from or to your laptop can be captured by anyone within 300 hundred feet with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- While on a web filter and behind a firewall, our wireless network is completely open.
- Library employees are not able to provide advanced technical assistance.
- The Library makes no guarantee that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment, configurations, security or data files resulting from connection to the Library's wireless network.
- If you make changes to your laptop’s configuration, make sure that you are able to change them back so that you can keep your computer as safe as possible.