May is National Bike Month
Spring has sprung and we’ve been flirting with Summer-like temperatures. You may be thinking of ways to get outside and get active. Lucky for you…May is National Bike Month!
The NHTSA and AAA have teamed up to sponsor a campaign known as Roll Model in an effort to have parents and caregivers set a good example of bike safety.
Books of interest:
- Bike for Life: How to Ride to 100
- Bike Snob
- Come & Gone: A True Story of Blue Collar Bike Racing in America
- Cycling Home from Siberia
- It's All About the Bike : The Pursuit of Happiness on Two Wheels
DVDs of interest:
- The Bike: Technique & Training for Triathletes
- Blood Sweat + Gears: Racing Clean to the Tour de France
- Emmanuel’s Gift
- Into the Thunder Dragon
- Red Light Go: Alleycat Racing in New York City
Some of Hoover’s bike rules to remember….
- You can ride on sidewalks, but pedestrians have the right of way.
- You must keep your hands on the handlebars.
- You can’t ride on the handlebars.
- You cannot use a bike on trails at the Preserve or on the jogging tracks at the parks.
Dust off your helmet, check your tire pressure and brake pads and let’s get rolling!