Adobe Digital Editions is authorized/activated with another person's Adobe ID/Password and needs to be changed.
This will be necessary is more than one person with an OverDrive account uses the same computer to download their ebooks.
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+D (Win) and CMD+SHIFT+D (Mac)
- Deauthorize Computer box will appear and say, "Are you sure you want to deauthorize this computer? If you have protected items in your Digital Editions library, they may no longer be readable."
- Select Deauthorize
- After selecting "Deauthorize" a message will appear stating "Your computer was successfully deauthorized. Restarting Adobe Editions will require you to reactivate your computer."
- Click on "Quit"
3. Adobe Digital Editions will close.
4. Double-click on the Adobe Digital Editions shortcut to reopen.
5. The Setup Assistant will appear, click "Continue" and then authorize/activate the computer with a new Adobe ID.