ERROR: "IO Error on Network Request."
This error message usually indicates that something has interfered with the download process. Clearing out the files as described below will completely remove the download attempt so you can start fresh.
1. Open the Documents\My Digital Editions directory. Open the "Restore" folder, then open the "tasks" folder and delete the folder contents.
2. From Documents\My Digital Editions\Restore, open the "failed" folder and delete the folder contents.
3. Check the following settings:
- Are you running a firewall? This can include the built in Windows firewall as well as third party applications, such as Zone Alarm or Norton Internet Security. Firewall settings may be blocking Adobe software from the internet.
- Are you running a web accelerator? If so, please disable it.
- Do you have a pop-up blocker? Please disable it, temporarily.
- Do you have any parental control software installed? If so, please disable it.
- Is Internet Explorer set to the default security level? To check that, please do the following:
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools \ Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab and click the Internet icon.
- In the 'Security level for this zone' portion of the window, click 'Default Level' to set the level to 'Medium'.
- Click 'OK' and close the browser.
4. Try to download your book again.
If your problem still continues and you are connected to a local network or WIFI connection, it is possible that there is a local security setting on the network (wireless router) causing this issue. Try using another internet connection or using a hardwired connection, if possible, to see if this error continues.