KINDLE FIRE: I transferred an ebook to my device but I only received the cover and title pages. Other pages are blank.
Problem: A patron checks out a Kindle ebook and transfers the book to their Kindle Fire wirelessly. When the patron opens the ebook to read it the cover and the title page are there but subsequent pages are blank.
Solution 1: Do a hard reboot of the Kindle Fire first and see if this fixes the problem. To do a hard reboot: press and hold the power button on the bottom of the Kindle Fire for 15 seconds, then press it again to turn the Kindle back on. If this does not fix the issue, proceed to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Delete “Books” folder from the Kindle Fire. Please note that deleting the “Books folder from the Kindle Fire will delete any downloaded books from the Kindle Fire. Patrons will not have to repurchase their Kindle Fire books but they will have to download them again.
To delete “Books” folder:
- Connect the Kindle Fire to the computer via USB.
- Open “My Computer” from the Start menu.
- Double click on Kindle under “Removable Devices.”
- Find the “Books” folder and delete it.
- Disconnect the Kindle Fire.
- Make sure the wireless is turned on. On the Kindle Fire home screen, there should be a tab at the top labeled “Books.” Under the “Books” tab will be all the books in the patron’s Kindle library including library books. Find the book you want to download and press Download. This should fix the problem.