Why won't Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) recognize my Nook?
The problem is likely that your Nook came preloaded with an Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) folder and because of this your ADE program won't recognize your device.
1. Go to "My Computer" (or the equivalent on your PC or MAC).
2. Click on the Nook drive.
3. Find and copy the file ".adobe-digital-editions" to your desktop. Delete the file on on your Nook drive.
4. Safely eject and unplug the Nook from the computer.
5. Close Adobe Digital Editions.
6. Restart Adobe Digital Editions.
7. Plug the Nook to the computer.
8. Adobe Digital Editions should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.
9. If not, go back to the Nook drive in "My Computer".
10. Find and delete the "Digital Editions" file.
11. Close Adobe Digital Editions.
12. Restart Adobe Digital Editions.
13. Adobe Digital Editions should display the Nook icon and prompt you to authorize the device.
14. Authorize the device.
15. You can transfer books now!