As part of the Hoover Public Library's mission to provide lifelong learning, FREE test proctoring services are offered to students to fulfill their educational needs and interests.
The student will:
- Complete and sign the proctoring request form by which the student agrees to ensure that all guidelines and policies from their respective institutions are met when testing at the Hoover Public Library.
- Schedule test at least one week in advance by calling (205) 444-7816 and verify with the school and library that consent has been given and that all testing materials have been received by the library.
- Bring appropriate photo I.D.
- Call to cancel if unable to keep reserved testing time.
- Provide stamps, envelopes, etc. if needed. Long distance faxes cost $1 per five pages.
- Make copies of test to be kept in individual file.*
- Take all online tests using library PCs.
- Relinquish use of personal laptops, cell phones, Blackberry's, etc. when testing. A space will be provided to store these materials.
The library will:
- Provide a quiet, self-contained testing area, located in our Training Center, with a library staff member on Fridays from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Provide test proctoring procedures to professor.
- Provide a designated contact number, e-mail address and fax number:
Phone (205) 444-7816
Fax (205) 444-7878
- Maintain a file for the student that will contain all testing materials until one month after the designated testing time.
- Forward tests via e-mail, fax, mail, FedEx or UPS at the student's expense.
The library will not:
- Accommodate requests for unscheduled proctoring.
- Contact the testing institution to clarify procedural questions such as incorrect passwords, wrong tests, etc.
- Guarantee that the correct material has been received by the testing institution by a specific date.
- Download testing software that is not compatible with our network.
- Guarantee that technical problems will not occur when using the library PCs.
Please fill out the following contact information to request test proctoring services at the Hoover Public Library. You must resubmit the request form at the beginning of each semester.