School is back in session! And Book Report, Hoover Public Library's teacher newsletter for grades K-6, is back for its second year. This two-page publication will be posted in the Kid Zone downloads section each month, August 2014 to May 2015. Here's a quick breakdown of what Book Report has to offer educators.
- The Blog Log -- Heads up on some of the daily blog posts on our website
- Untangle the Web -- One or two educational websites featured per month
- Read-Aloud Roundup -- One picture book and one chapter book featured per month
- More Than Common Core -- Two nonfiction titles/series featured per month
- Read This, Not That -- Read-alike list for popular book series
- Review the New -- One book review of favorite new title per month
- APProved -- One or two educational apps per month
- Follow the Stars -- Upcoming library events for grades K-6
- Bonus Round -- Random things you need to know
The August 2014 issue is already available. Take a look and let us know what you think.
* Helpful Hint *
Book Report is a PDF document with web links embedded throughout. They lead directly to educational websites, book trailers, and more. So move your mouse to the colored and underlined text and get clicking!