Ebooks and Downloadable Audiobooks
As part of our commitment to serving our community and providing access to new technology, we are very pleased to offer NOOK e-readers for check out and downloadable ebooks and audiobooks through OverDrive.
Check out a NOOK Simple Touch pre-loaded with popular titles!
We have nearly 100 NOOKS with titles for every age and every interest ready to go home with you for up to three weeks - just like our regular books! Each NOOK is assigned a subject or genre. We have NOOKS for fiction, nonfiction, popular YA titles and children's series. Simply search the catalog for "hoover and nook" and you will find a complete list. If the NOOK you wish to borrow is checked out, you can place a reserve on it and we will let you know when it is available.
Are you considering an e-reader for yourself or as a gift? Check out a NOOK first and see if you like it!
After signing a lending agreement, you will take your NOOK home in a padded bag that includes instructions for operation and a USB cord for charging.
OverDrive eBooks and Downloadable Audiobooks
Do you have an e-reader such as a NOOK, Kindle, iPad or a similar device? Would you like to read ebooks on your smart phone or computer? Would you like to download audiobooks to your MP3 player? Then use OverDrive to download a FREE book today!
Access the Jefferson County Library Cooperative's OverDrive collection at
OverDrive Ebook and Downloadable Audiobook Collection
TIP: LOG IN TO OVERDRIVE WITH YOUR LIBRARY CARD BEFORE BROWSING FOR THE BEST TITLE SELECTION.
Ebook News and Reviews
Consumer Reports "Rival e-readers get touchy" with ratings, February 2012
The New York Times now tracks ebooks on their weekly Best Sellers lists.
Frequently Asked Questions and Tutorials
The most up-to-date help and info for your device can be found on OverDrive's Help Site.
Can't find an answer to your question here or on the OverDrive help site? Visit or call our eBook Desk on the Library Plaza and we will do our best to assist you. We can be reached at 444-7821.
Click your device type below to find a tutorial.
- Can I download one ebook to multiple devices (i.e. a computer, a Nook, an iPad, and iPhone)?
- Do you offer classes or workshops?
- ERROR: 0xC0001F45 Unable to get the variant value for the requested database field.
- How can I limit the search to find only titles that are available right now?
- How can I suggest a downloadable book title for purchase?
- How can I tell what Adobe ID I registered my device to?
- I love this service! How can I support the library and help the downloadable media collection grow?
- I returned an ebook but it is still showing up on my device. How can I tell when it will expire?
- The downloadable.jclc.org site only shows me the mobile device version, or only shows EPUB versions.
- What is the difference between PDF and ePUB?
- Which formats are compatible with which devices?
- Will replacing my lost or stolen library card affect my OverDrive service?
- ADOBE DIGITAL EDITIONS
- AUDIOBOOKS ON ALL DEVICES
- MOBILE APPS AND ACCESS
- SONY READER
- iOS - iPAD, iPHONE
- PANDIGITAL NOVEL