World Origami Days
Origami doesn't have a day devoted to its awesomeness. It doesn't have a week, either. World Origami Days (notice the plural, people) runs October 24-November 11, 2014. Fill the next two weeks with paper-folding fun!
- ART2-D2's Guide to Folding and Doodling by Tom Angleberger
- Easy Magician Origami by Christopher L. Harbo (in a series)
- Girligami by Cindy Ng
- Making Origami Vehicles Step-by-Step by Michael G. LaFosse (in a series)
- Origami Fun by Jon Tremaine
- Origami Sea Creatures by Lisa Miles
- Origami: The Fun and Funky Art of Paper Folding by Thiranut Boonyadhistarn
- Origami Zoo: 25 Fun Paper Animal Creations by Paul Jackson
- Not-Quite-So-Easy Origami by Mary Meinking
- Zombigami: Paper Folding for the Living Dead by Duy Nguyen
Blue Lily, Lily Blue
Maggie Stiefvater has quite a following in Hoover. I've only read one of her books, The Scorpio Races, but I enjoyed it immensely. Her most recent release is the third book in the current fan favorite, The Raven Cycle. Blue Lily, Lily Blue continues the story of Blue Sargent and the Raven Boys. If you're looking for a paranormal thriller steeped in Welsh mythology and brimming with romance, you've found what you're looking for. Just make sure you start with the first book. And, if you prefer to listen to your books, you're in luck. I have it on good authority that the audiobooks are amazing.