Babysitting -- Are You Ready for the Responsibility?
The Kid Zone has some brand new books that will help you answer that question!
- The Babysitter's Backpack: Everything You Need to Be a Safe, Smart, and Skilled Babysitter by Rebecca Rissman & Melissa Higgins
Do you want to get started as a babysitter and be successful with kids and their parents? Everything you need to know is right here! Youll learn about basic childcare skills, staying safe while babysitting, and starting your own babysitting business. Also find out how to communicate with and be professional around parents, plan fun and safe activities for children of all ages, find where to go for first aid and CPR training, and market yourself as a great babysitter.
- Let's Play!: Awesome Activities Every Babysitter Needs to Know by Melissa Higgins
This book will help you gather ideas for safe and fun activities to keep children of all ages happy. Whether its a game, craft or story, discover exciting ideas that will keep the kids and you from getting bored. Quizzes and checklists alongside practical advice and useful information will help you become a confident and responsible babysitter.
- You're in Charge: Basic Rules Every Babysitter Needs to Know by Melissa Higgins
Learn how to care for children, deal with behavioral issues, communicate with parents, and more. Prepare for your first job and become a babysitter parents will want to hire again and again. Quizzes and checklists alongside practical advice and useful information will help you become a confident and responsible babysitter.
Other good titles to consider:
- A Smart Girl's Guide Babysitting: The Care and Keeping of Kids by Harriet Brown
- Super Sitter's Playbook by Aubrey Andrus
- Babysitting Safety: Preventing Accidents and Injuries by Barbara Mehlman (part of series)
- Don't Sit on the Baby: The Ultimate Guide to Sane, Skilled, and Safe Babysitting by Halley Bondy
Storytelling Maestro Pam Muñoz Ryan
Pam Muñoz Ryan is the award-winning author of Becoming Naomi León, The Dreamer, and Esperanza Rising. Her newest book, Echo, is a 592-page masterpiece that opens with a fairytale then relays the stories of three very different people -- Friedrich in Germany, Mike in Pennsylvania, and Ivy in California. The connection that links them all together? A magical harmonica. Only a storyteller of Ryan's caliber would be able to pull that off. I cannot wait to read it!